SINGLE PROFESSIONALS: You write, I answer!
AskTheMatchmaker@yahoo.com

Friday, May 15, 2009

Q&A / HE JUST WANTS SOME HORSING AROUND TIME / TV EXEC’S MANNERS NEED A REWRITE / HEART SURGEON’S OWN HEART BRUISED

CHRISTINE STELMACK
Columnist


Q: HI, CHRIS: 

I’m a single dad, and I’ve been talking on the phone with this really great lady I met online, “Becky.”  So far, we haven’t met in person.  She owns and trains horses, and I’m looking forward taking my little girl horseback riding with Becky, as she's invited us numerous times.  The problem is, there’s always some emergency which comes up in her life and getting together is postponed for the umpteenth time.  Is she blowing me off?

---Greenwich, CT—tired of waiting


A: Dear Bachelor: 

Doesn’t sound like there’s going to be happy trails for you two any time soon, my friend. If I were you, I’d take my daughter to the nearest horse ranch and have yourself a ball. Becky’s life sounds a little too full right now. Take a pass on her. Unless you want to continue a phone relationship with a female version of Mr. Ed!


Q: HI, CHRIS: 

I went on a blind date last night, and I just couldn’t figure this guy out. He was bright, handsome, and a top executive in the television industry. We had a pleasant conversation and a great dinner. So why am I so put off? Well, first of all, he was staring at my chest all night, and I wasn’t wearing anything revealing. As if that weren’t bad enough, he didn’t even walk me to my car when our date ended. I was parked on a dark street and was scared to death. I mean how rude was that? I expected a lot more from such a successful man.

---Livid in Los Angeles


A: Dear Bachelorette: 

Please never equate success with class. Apparently Mr. TV executive needs a bit of a lesson on social etiquette and manners. You can start by telling him why you don’t want to see him again. Write a note and spell it out. Like a script, he needs to see it in black & white.


Q: HI, CHRIS: 

I’ve been seeing this “to-die-for” actress for over six months. She’s driving me nuts, though, with her work schedule. I mean she’s on a shoot just about everyday for months on end. She lives, eats, and breathes acting. While she hasn’t reached the popularity of a Cameron Diaz or Julia Roberts, she’s in constant demand for B-type movies. I’m a heart surgeon, and while I also lead a hectic life, at least I make time for one. And because she keeps such crazy hours, our sex life is practically non-existent. I mean what does she need me for? I’m not sure what to do anymore.

---New York City, desperate to be her leading man

A: Dear Bachelor: 

Oh, dear. I see two things happening here. First, you seem a little threatened by her career. Secondly, it’s clear your relationship is deteriorating from a lack of communication. I also haven’t heard the “L” word come out of your mouth, but I trust you do, or you wouldn’t be writing me. Please sit her down for a heart-to-heart and long overdue talk, doctor. And show her this letter. It’s time she include you in her life too. If not, she’ll wind up going to her movie premieres solo with a broken heart, and you won't be around to repair it.


PUBLISHING OR SYNDICATION:
For inquiries on publishing or syndicating the Ask the Matchmaker! advice column in print, online, or TV/radio, please contact Chris Stelmack at: 206-372-5798.

All content property of Chris Stelmack. Any reproduction without prior consent is prohibited. © Copyright 2004, Chris Stelmack. All rights reserved.

__________________________________________________________________
Chris Stelmack, president of 4M Club, caters to affluent bachelors
looking for their significant bachelorette. Single professionals
are welcome to E-mail Chris at: AsktheMatchmaker@yahoo.com, or
send letters to Chris Stelmack, P.O. Box 9871, Seattle, WA 98109.
All letters become property of the column. Visit www.4mclub.com.

No comments: